What is a noun?
A noun is a word or word-group which is used to name: Things, Persons, Places or Emotions.
There are 10 Kinds of Nouns:
Types of Nouns:
1. Proper nouns are words which are used to name a specific person, place, thing, or emotion and are usually written with a capital letter at the beginning of the noun.
Here are a few examples of Proper Nouns:
- Examples of Proper Nouns which are Things are: Singing in the Rain (Movie), The Queen Mary (boat), Fluffy (my dog)…
- Examples of Proper Nouns which are Persons are:: Joe, Felix, John…
- Examples of Proper Nouns which are Places are:: McDonald’s, KFC, University of the West Indies…
- Examples of Proper Nouns which are Emotions are: Love, Joy, Peace…
Please make your own list of Proper Nouns.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.