Transposing a row involves converting the data in that row into a column; and vice-versa for transposing a column of data.
Ok. Let’s get to it. To transpose a row of data:
1. First select the data you want to transpose – see the diagram below.
2. Next, click the ‘Home’ tab on the ribbon
3. Click the ‘copy’ command
4. Then click where you want the transposed data to appear
5. Then, click on the drop-down arrow just under the ‘Paste’ command – see the diagram below.
A drop down box will appear
6. Click on the transpose command
Excel will transpose the data for you. See the diagram above.