– A Must-Have Guide to Help you Stop Hair Loss and Regrow your Hair.
“Educationtt.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to [(Educationtt.com)].” (source: Section 5)
Are you Suffering from Hair Loss and want to know how to stop it and regrow your hair?
By Roger Ali Bocus
In this article, ‘How To Stop Losing Hair’, I will share with you 5 remedies to cure hair Loss and Restore or Regrow Your hair.
But before I share these 5 remedies, it is important to note that to cure Hair Loss we must first know what are the Major causes of Hair Loss, what category you fall in and what you can do about it to prevent and stop hair loss and to regrow your hair.
There are 7 Main Reasons why you may lose your hair un-naturally.
Firstly, Stress – Stress or ADH, Acute Stress Disorder has been attributed with causing a condition known as Alopecia Areata. This condition causes the body’s immune system to negatively affect the hair follicles of its sufferers, causing hair loss. Get rid of the Stress and more-than-likely you will stop losing the hair on your head, and regrow the hair you had lost.
Secondly. DHT – DHT or dihydrotestosterone is a male hormone which is responsible for the male characteristics in men: the development of the penis and prostate gland during fetal growth, muscle mass, A deep voice, body hair – in particular, pubic hair, hair under the armpits, and beard – These types of hairs need DHT for its development and production; but the hair on your head is not dependent on DHT to develop and grow, they do not need DHT to grow.
In fact, the presence of DHT in the scalp area has been known to cause hair loss and baldness…A process which still baffles doctors.
Thirdly. Genes – The most common cause of Baldness is a condition called Hereditary Pattern Baldness. Hereditary Pattern Baldness is not a disease or sickness but it is just the combined influence of genes from your parents, your hormone levels and the aging process, which causes hair loss.
Fourthly. Sickness – There are certain sicknesses which can cause hair loss.
Fifthly. Cancer treatments or Chemotherapy also causes hair loss.
Sixthly. Hormones – People who go through puberty, menopause or are pregnant may experience hair loss.
Seventh. Protein and Vitamin deficiencies can also cause hair loss.
Because Hair Growth is dependent on having an ample amount of protein and specific vitamins and minerals (Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, Zinc & Iron) to build new hair cells. If you lack enough protein or any one of these vitamins minerals necessary for hair growth in your diet, this can affect you – causing you to lose your hair.
Now that we have identified what causes hair loss, let’s examine what we can do to stop hair loss and restore or regrow hair.
5 Ways To Stop Hair Loss and Replace or Regrow Hair:
1. Medications – The FDA (Food & Drug Association in the U.S.A.) has approved the drugs Minoxidil and Finasteride as hair loss treatment drugs.
a. Minoxidil, more commonly known as Rogaine was originally a drug developed and used to treat blood pressure. But users of the drug observed that they had additional hair growth after using the drug for a few months.
To this day researchers are not sure why this drug had produced such side effects when it was used to treat blood pressure, but many have viewed it as a blessing in disguise.
Minoxidil or Rogaine comes in two forms: A lotion and a Foam.
It is important to note, you may experience some side effects when using Rogaine.
Some of those side effects include:
- Fast heartbeats.
- Skin irritations.
- Blurred Vision.
- And Chest Pains.
b. Finasteride – Finasteride has also been approved by the FDA to treat hair loss and regrow hair.
It is a prescription drug and comes in the form of a tablet.
Here is how it works:
Finasteride has been created to block DHT from forming on your scalp. DHT as we mentioned earlier, is the main culprit responsible for hair loss in men.
The downsides to using this drug are:
- You may have to take this tablet for 3 to 6 months before you see any progress. And if you stop taking the pill, the progress you made during that time can be lost.
- It can reduce your sexual desires, cause diarrhea, breast enlargement, skin problems, body pains, and swelling in your lips or face…
Before taking this tablet, you must ask yourself, “Is it worth it.”
2. Add Foods which contains enough Protein, and specific Vitamins and Minerals to your diet.
Here is a list of some of the foods you can use:
(Please note, this is not a complete list, just a sample list of foods you can use to stop hair loss and regrow hair.)
For Protein, you can use, eggs, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, lean beef, Quinoa, Beans, Nuts and other protein sources not mentioned here.
– For Vitamin A, you can use carrots, yogurt, eggs, sweet potatoes, kale, and pumpkin.
– For B-Vitamins, you can use dark green leafy vegetables, nuts, soybeans, liver, avocados, lentils and spilt peas, etc.
– For vitamin C, you can use Guavas, berries, oranges, bananas…literally, all kinds of citrus fruits.
– For vitamin D, you can use Fish, Cod-liver Oil, Mushrooms…and of course, at least a 10 minutes per day in the sun.
– For Vitamin E, you can use Avocados, Nuts, Salmon, Sweet Pepper, Mangoes, Blackberries, Olives, Apricots, Squash, Broccoli, Spinach.
– For Zinc, you can use Oysters, Beef, Crab, Cashews, Chickpeas, Chicken, Oatmeal, Kidney beans, and Almonds.
– For Iron, you can use Spinach, Sardines, Beef, Oysters, Apricots, Dark Chocolate, Quinoa, Mushrooms and Squash.
Okay, let’s quickly move on.
3. Shampoos – Today, there are two main shampoos which are being used to treat hair loss. They are Nizoral and Head and Shoulders. The effectiveness of these shampoos, though, may be less pronounced than Rogaine or Finasteride.
4. Hair Transplant – This treatment involves moving hair follicles from the back of your head and placing them in the spots where you are suffering from hair loss. For some unknown reason, hair follicles at the back of the head are more resistant to the hair-damaging effects of DHT.
5. Wigs and hairpieces – if you would like to go the way of simply purchasing a ready-made hairpiece of your choice, you can. Some people may not want to go through the headache of applying the hair loss products to their hair for weeks or months before they witness positive results.