P.S. You have to be connected to the internet for your video to play in your PowerPoint presentation. See the Video and Text Versions of this lesson, below.
1. Create a blank PowerPoint slide
2. Select the Developer tab – see the following diagram.
3. Next, insert a blank rectangle by clicking the rectangle in the ‘Drawing Tools’ group (see the next 2 diagrams, below), and mouse pointer will turn to a cross, hold down the left button of your mouse and drag across your slide – a rectangle would be created.
4. Click on the black rectangle on the slide. Next, click on the ‘Developer’ tab.
5. then, Click on the ‘More Controls’ button. As seen in the diagram, below.
6. The ‘More Controls’ dialog box will come up on your screen. Scroll down to ‘Shockwave Flash Object’ and click on it. Then, click on the ‘OK’ button below. See the next diagram. Your computer pointer will turn to a cross, when it does, drag across the black rectangle.
7. Click on the rectangle with the big ‘X’ in it, then right-click on it and click ‘Properties’.
8. Click on ‘Movie’, then, enter the Youtube link to your video in the blank box to the right of the word, ‘Movie’, as seen below.
9. Take off the word ‘watch?’ from the YouTube link, also, replace the equal ‘=’ sign in the YouTube link with a forward slash ‘/’. Then close the Properties dialog box.
10. Click the ‘Slide Show’ tab, then, click ‘From Current Slide’ button.
PowerPoint will display your movie on the slide, as seen below.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.