What are styles?
A style in Word is a set of predefined formatting which affects the font, color and size of your selected text.
1. Word already comes with a set of predefined styles
2. Click the ‘More’ down arrow button to pull up all the styles in the ‘Styles’ Group
3. These are the types of predefined Styles available in Word: See below.
4. To apply a style – Click on the area where you want to apply a style. I have clicked on the word ‘SUMMER’ as seen in the diagram below.
5. Next, Select the style you want from the ‘Styles’ by clicking on it
6. Word applies the style you chose. In this case, the ‘Title’ Style was applied to the word ‘SUMMER’ in the diagram below.