1. First click on the File Tab on the ribbon. When you do the Backstage view will appear. As seen in the first diagram below.
2. Next scroll down to the words ‘Save As’ and left-click on it once.
3. Type your name for the Document. See diagram below.
4. Click in the box shown in the diagram as the number ‘4’ when you do a drop-down box will appear showing you all the formats you can save your document. Select the format Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).
5. Then, click the Save button, as seen in the diagram below.
Go to Lesson 13: Save a Document as a PDF file