Tabs are used to help information line up within a column.
There are 5 types of Tabs:
1. Choose the type of Tab you want in Microsoft Word by Clicking the little box as seen in the diagram below until it changes to the Tab you desire.
2. After, Click on the area of the ruler where you want the Tab to appear. I have set a Left Tab at the 3” mark on the ruler. See the diagram below.
3. Click on the left hand side of the information you want to show up at the Tab you set.
4. Next, press the Tab key on your computer keyboard
5. Word moved the list item ‘Bread’ in my example, to the Left Tab stop I set at the 3” mark on the ruler, as seen in my diagram and Video, below.
To move a tab
Left Click next to the line using the tab, or select the lines using the tab
Then, go to the tab on the ruler and holding down the left button of your computer mouse (a vertical line would appear) – Gently Drag the Tab either to the left or right. It will move the tab and the items in line with the tab.
To delete a Tab
Go to the Tab, and holding down the left button of your computer mouse – Gently drag the Tab off the ruler, as seen in the Video below.
Lesson 43: How to insert or add Dot leaders in Word