To insert horizontal lines in a Word document, there are several methods you can use to achieve the same results.
Press the dash button on your computer keyboard 3 times, then press the ‘Enter or Return’ key on your computer keyboard, and Microsoft Word will automatically insert a horizontal line in your document.
1. Click in your document where you would like the horizontal line to be.
2. Click on the ‘Page Layout’ tab. See Below.
3. Click ‘Page Borders’ in the ‘Page Background’ group
The ‘Borders and Shading’ dialog box will appear on your screen
4. Click the ‘Horizontal’ button on the bottom left-hand corner of the dialog box
The ‘Horizontal line’ gallery will appear on your screen
5. Choose the Horizontal line you want to include in your document.
6. Word includes the horizontal line you chose in your document.
See Video below for a video demonstration of inserting a horizontal line in Word.
Lesson 58B: How to add Page Numbers in a Word Document