1. To enter symbol into a cell, just select the cell you want to enter symbol in by clicking on it. A black border will surround the cell you selected. See the Diagram above.
2. Next, click the ‘Insert’ tab
3. Then click the ‘Symbol’ command
A Dialogue box will appear on the screen with a list of symbols
4. Choose the symbol you want to insert by clicking on it
5. Then press the insert button at the bottom of the symbol dialogue box.
Excel inserts the symbol you have selected into the cell.
6. Then click the Close button.
Lesson 8: How to Edit data in a Cell