If you want to freeze a row or rows on your worksheet, scroll the row/s you want to freeze
1. Place the pointer of your mouse over the horizontal split bar – it will change to this
2. When it does, hold down the left button on your computer mouse and drag below the row you want to freeze, then release the left button of your computer mouse.
3. Excel will divide the Worksheet into two horizontal panes. As seen in the diagram below.
4. Next, click on the ‘View’ tab – See the diagram below.
5. Then click on the ‘Freeze Panes’ command – A drop down dialogue box will appear with 3 options.
6. Choose the ‘Freeze Panes’ option.
7. Excel will freeze the panes.
To unfreeze the panes
8. Click on the ‘View’ tab again
9. Next, click on the Freeze Panes command
10. Then, click on the ‘Unfreeze Panes’ command.
If you no longer wishes your screen to be split into two, click on the ‘View’ tab, then click on the ‘Split’ command.
Lesson 24: How to freeze Columns