1. To delete data from a cell, select the cell which has the data you want to delete. See the diagram below.
2. Next, click the ‘Home’ tab on the ribbon
3. Click the ‘Clear’ command
A drop-down dialogue box will appear
4. Click the ‘Clear Contents’ command
Excel deletes the data from the cell you selected.
5. You can also select the cell which has the data you want to delete and press the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard; and the data in the selected cell will be deleted.
6. If you deleted the data in error and want to restore it – Just click the ‘Undo’ command on the Quick Access Toolbar. And Excel will restore the deleted data to the cell from which it was deleted.
Lesson 10: How to Select a Range of Cells