There are 2 main ways you can do this:
1. First, select the range which you want to delete and click on the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard. Excel will remove the data for you from the selected range but there will be no changes taking place to the remaining data on your worksheet.
First, select the range which you want to delete
2. Click on the ‘Home’ tab
3. Then click on the ‘Delete’ command
A drop down box will appear
4. Select the ‘Delete Cells’ command
The ‘Delete Dialogue Box’ will appear on the screen, see the diagram below.
5. Choose the command which you want
6. Click on the OK button at the bottom of the Delete Dialogue Box
Excel will perform the delete the selected range for you, and shift the remaining cells in the worksheet, see the diagram below.
Lesson 22: How to hide a row or column