1. Click the ‘More’ button in ‘Styles’ group – The Styles pane will appear on your screen
2. When the Styles pane appear on your screen – Click ‘New Style’ Button
3. The Styles Formatting Dialog Box will appear on your screen, as seen in the next Diagram, below.
4. Give a new name to your new character style – I named mines ‘FAST’
5. Under ‘Files Style’ – Click the down arrow and change it from ‘Paragraph’ style to ‘Character’ style.
Make the formatting changes you want and click the ‘OK’ button.
6. I changed my Font type to Lucida Calligraphy, and I changed the font size to 14. And I also changed the color of the font to Orange. See below.
7. If you were to select some text and click on the new character style ‘FAST’ – The selected text will adopt the ‘FAST’ character style formatting. See the Diagrams below.
The selected text has adopted the ‘FAST’ character style formatting, as seen below.
Lesson 53: How to Shade a Paragraph in Word