1. To center text across multiple columns, first select the range which has the text you want to center. See the diagram below.
2. Click the ‘Home’ tab
3. Click the Dialog box launcher under the Alignment Group
Excel will open the ‘Format cells’ dialog box
4. Click the down arrow just to the right of the rectangular box under the ‘Horizontal’ (see the diagram below)
5. Then click ‘Center across Selection’
6. Excel will center the text across the selected range for you.
Lesson 33: How to rotate text within a cell
Tip: You can also use the method taught in Lesson 25: How to merge two cells or more