To apply an Auto Format to a Range:
1. Select the range
2. Click the ‘Auto format command on the Quick Access Toolbar – If you do not have the Auto Format listed on your Quick Access Toolbar, then see the ‘Tip’ section below to know how to put the Auto Format command on the Quick Access Toolbar.
3. The Auto format dialog box will appear on the screen with a list of formats available – see the diagram below.
4. Select the format you want to apply to your selected range
5. Click the OK button at the bottom of the dialog box
Excel would have applied the formatting for you.
Tip: How to get the Auto format command to appear on the Quick Access Toolbar
1. Click the down arrow at the right hand side of the Quick Access Toolbar
2. Scroll down to ‘More Commands’ and click on it – see the diagram below
3. The Excel Options Dialog Box will appear on the screen
4. Click the down arrow on the right of Popular Commands (see diagram below)
4. Scroll down to ‘Commands not in the ribbon’ and Click on it
5. Scroll down to the ‘Auto Format’ command and Click on it
Click the ‘Add’ button
Click the OK button at the bottom of the Excel Options Dialog box
6. Excel would have added the ‘Auto Format’ command to the Quick Access Toolbar for you (see the diagram below)