1. Click on the table – it does not matter where.
2. Click the ‘Layout’ tab on the Ribbon
3. Click the ‘Cell Margins’ button
4. Click in the box next to ‘Allow spacing between cells’, until a tick appears in it – Once ticked, this will allow you to change the spacing between cells.
5. Use the up arrow to increase space between cells and the down arrow to decrease spacing between cells. Change the space setting to what you desire.
6. Click ‘OK’. See the diagram below.
Lesson 79: How to merge cells in Microsoft Word Tables