7. Acquire as much knowledge as you can from books, videos, DVDS, the Internet, schools, universities etc. etc. Study models. There are other people who are successfully doing what you desire to do – Study them. Success can be duplicated. Isolate the key elements, which have made these individuals and companies, a success. People are already doing or have done what you are now attempting to do. Learn from them. Purchase their books and products, and devour their teachings.
8. Be persistent. Be tenacious. Be patient. You took nine (9) months in your mother’s womb before you were born. And even then, it took several years before you reached adulthood. Be patient when it comes to seeing your dreams come to pass. Continue to pursue your dream like you would search for water in the desert – With the same determination, drive, passion and thirst.
9. Don’t give up if you encounter a few obstacles. Obstacles are really stepping stones to success. Because you bounced-up some obstacles in pursuing your dream, it doesn’t mean that your dream is wrong. It simply means your Dream is right, but the methods you chose to accomplish them, might be wrong. In such a case: Change or Revise your methods. But the easier thing to do would be to follow the examples of success around you.
10. Avoid negative people. Negative people are individuals who have forfeit their dreams, and settled for the norm and traditional… they become envious and critical when they hear someone is pursuing their dreams. Avoid them like you would shun the plague.
11. Don’t share your dreams with people who have no knowledge about this area you’re venturing into. Because they lack the experience, passion and knowledge of the dream you want to realize – They may discourage you, and paralyze you with their fears and unbelief. They may misunderstand you. They may pump you full of negative words. Give them general answers if they ask you what you’re doing with your life.
12. Action your plans – Nothing will happen until you act. Don’t wait until everything is picture-perfect before you make deliberate movements to see your dreams materialize. Start now – Where you are and with what you have. Accomplishing your dreams is a journey. You must start it with the first step. But if you take baby steps, everyday, it would amaze you how much distance you’ve covered in time.
I have decided to add this Lesson to the website as a bonus. It is short, to the point, and provides a simple guide to realizing any dream.
Click here for: The Power of Obedience